Manage annual holiday and public holiday entitlements under the Holidays Act 2003
Christmas and New Year’s Day are coming up fast.
Get on your employees’ good lists by paying them their correct holiday and leave entitlements this Christmas.
Join us for a refresher on the Holidays Act 2003 so you follow the law when managing public holiday and annual holiday entitlements.
Presented by employment lawyer Julia Shallcrass, our webinar will focus on how you can comply with legislation, with case law as guidance.
In our webinar designed for people managers, payroll, and professional advisors, we will address these common queries:
- What are your obligations before closedown periods?
- What happens if a staff member is sick or suffers a bereavement during annual holidays?
- What is the case law on what is otherwise a working day for public holiday entitlement? What is good practice to reduce annual leave liability?
- What is the case law on gross earnings, including discretionary payments?
- What is the case law on ordinary weekly pay for calculating annual holiday pay?
- How do you pay staff annual holidays during closedown periods?
- What happens if a staff member is on call during public holidays?
- What are staff entitlements during public holidays?
- We will discuss the impact of case law when interpreting the Holidays Act 2003, and how to manage entitlements when considering case law.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
5 December 2023
Attendees at this webinar will be able to:
- Manage annual holidays and public holiday entitlements for payroll compliance
- Identify common issues relating to annual holidays and public holidays
- Consider case law guidance on annual holidays and public holiday entitlements
- Identify issues relating to closedown periods
- Follow guidance from Court case law for best practice
This webinar will help attendees understand annual holidays and public holidays entitlements for payroll compliance.
This webinar is suited to human resources professionals, payroll, administration, business owners, professional advisors, and managers with HR responsibilities.
Julia Shallcrass, Director, KiwiBoss Limited.