Death of a Company 2023 - 28 November 2023 (On Demand)
This webinar will consider the tax issues and common pitfalls that advisors need to be aware of when advising on the wind up of a company that has ceased trading.
This webinar will consider:
- The pros and cons of allowing a company to be struck off, requesting removal (short-form liquidation), appointing a liquidator (long-form liquidations) and amalgamation.
- How a company’s tax status as a standard company, qualifying company, or look-through company impacts the wind-up process
- How to access surplus funds in the company in a tax efficient manner and the importance of doing things in the right order
Options for dealing with an insolvent company that has ceased trading and owes money to its shareholders.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
28 November 2023
Following this webinar you will be aware of:
- Tax issues that arise when winding up a company
- Strategies for winding up companies
- Strategies for dealing with the wind up of insolvent companies owing funds to their shareholders.
Accountants with clients operating through companies and in particular those providing advice on company business sales, accessing the sale proceeds, and winding up companies.
Stephen Richards, Partner – Tax Advisory, Findex (presenting on behalf of TEO).
1.25 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)