Understanding the Basics of Cryptocurrencies for Accountants and Lawyers New to Crypto 2023 - 19 October 2023 (On Demand)
Feel like you should know more about crypto and digital currencies?
With more and more of our clients looking for crypto advice, knowing how crypto works and how New Zealand treats crypto, is becoming more important. The Reserve Bank of New Zealand have also announced their intention to begin working on a central bank digital currency. This webinar aims to get you up to speed on the basics.
In this webinar we will walk through the basics of crypto and focus on:
- getting you up-to-speed with what is a cryptocurrency – we will be talking through the underlying technology and where it can be purchased;
- how crypto works and is used in the real world, - why are investors, corporate and banks looking at digital currencies and what does this mean for our clients and their legal/accounting obligations;
- examples of clients that have made the switch; and
- spotting the red flags.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
19 October 2023
- Understanding cryptocurrencies and how they work;
- How New Zealand treats digital currencies for tax purposes;
- Legal and accounting obligations;
- The building blocks of cryptocurrencies and blockchain;
- How the crypto ecosystem works
This webinar would appeal to:
- New Accountants
- Lawyers new to Crypto;
- Tax specialists;
- In-house lawyers working in organizations thinking about crypto;
- Cyber professionals assisting organizations thinking of making the transition;
- Fund managers; and
- Crypto brokers.
Dr Maria A. Pozza, Director – Lawyer, Gravity Lawyers.
Matthew Shallcrass, Director – Chartered Accountant, Baker Tilly, Staples, Rodway
1 CPD Hour
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)