The Taxation of High-Wealth Individuals 2023 – IRD scrutiny - 20 June 2023 (On Demand)
Untaxed gains, entity taxation, certain deductions and the 39% rate
This webinar covers the taxation of high-wealth individuals (HWI) including:
- What you can learn from Inland Revenue’s scrutiny of HWI, and currently accepted tax planning including around the 39% rate.
- Inland Revenue’s High-Wealth Individuals Report:
- Patterns of wealth creation including businesses, shares and real property.
- Tax planning employed, (incl. use of trusts and other entities, and setting-off finance and other costs against capital assets).
- Personal taxable income, what is the effective tax rate?
- Broader economic income (incl. capital gains and income and gains derived by related entities).
- Things to watch for in election year.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
20 June 2023
A broad understanding of the taxation of high wealth individuals, including the means of wealth generation and the ways that current tax settings contribute to that wealth.
Business Owners, Accountants and Lawyers.
Maurits van den Berg, Senior Manager, Taxation Services, Baker Tilly Staples Rodway.
1.25 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)