Tax Update – June 2023 - 6 June 2023 (On Demand)
Keep up to date on the key tax changes to June 2023 and beyond
This webinar will cover key tax changes affecting your clients and business incl. the new Taxation (Annual Rates for 2022—23, Platform Economy, and Remedial Matters) Act:
- Short stay accommodation and other platform providers – GST.
- The new definition of non-active trusts and tax non-disclosure concessions.
- GST apportionment changes, e.g. immediate input tax deductions from 1 April 2023 for assets < $10k.
- Bright-line changes.
We will also cover cases, draft and finalised statements from Inland Revenue:
- Short-stay accommodation and interest limitation.
- Deductibility of land holding costs.
- Directors’ fees and GST.
- Working from home exempt payments.
- Government grants and subsidies paid to business – GST and income tax.
- SaaS/cloud — customisation and configuration expenses.
- Tax avoidance scenarios.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
6 June 2023
Learn the key tax changes impacting your practice and your clients’ businesses.
Accountants, lawyers and businesses involved with income tax and GST matters. The content is practical and presented at an introductory to intermediate level.
Maurits van den Berg, Senior Manager, Taxation Services, Baker Tilly Staples Rodway.
1.25 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)