Trust Series 2023 – Current Trust Issues - 6 December 2023 (On Demand)
Trusts remain as topical as ever. Contemporary considerations include an increased focus on trustee decision making, disclosure of trust information to beneficiaries and other parties, the role of the special trust adviser, a consideration of the parameters of control relating to corporate trustees and the relationship property / trust interface.
This webinar, which will conclude with a question and answer section, will consider current trust issues in a practical context.
Topics covered will include:
- Disclosure to settlors, appointors, protectors, special trust advisers
- Issues arising from the removal, retirement and appointment of trustees
- Exercising trustee powers for a proper purpose
- Vesting considerations
- Powers of special trust adviser
- Costs in trust and estate proceedings
- Trustee liability considerations
- Testamentary trust considerations
- Relationship property considerations
- Case law up-date including:
- McLaughlin v McLauchlin
- Grand View Private Trust Company v Wang
- Jin v Luo
- Cooper v Pinney
- Ryan v Lobb
- Houchens v Ruscoe and Moore
- Legler v Formannoij
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
6 December 2023
- contemporary trust and estate considerations
- how to communicate appropriately with trust clients
- how the Trusts Act is embedding itself in practice
- the key points from contemporary trust cases, and
- lessons that can learned from the mistakes of others
This webinar is targeted at all practitioners at all levels but will be of particular interest to practitioners who act as or advise trustees.
Vicki Ammundsen, Director, Vicki Ammundsen Trust Law Limited.
1.5 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)