Tax Issues for Landlords and Tenants 2023 - 3 August 2023 (On Demand)
This highly practical webinar examines:
- Tax issues that are important to landlords, including the deductibility of interest and other expenses such as legal fees, repairs and maintenance and expenses to meet the “healthy homes” standards; and
- Tax issues that affect both landlords and tenants, including the tax treatment of “free fit-outs”, and the tax treatment of lease inducements and lease surrender payments.
Case studies will illustrate the application of these issues.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
3 August 2023
- Learn when and how the interest limitation rules apply
- Know when legal fees and other acquisition costs will be deductible
- Understand what amounts to “repairs and maintenance”
- Know when expenses to meet “healthy homes” standards will be deductible
- Learn when expenses can still be deducted when a property is vacant
- Understand the tax treatment of “free fit-outs”
- Know how lease inducement and surrender payments are taxed
Accountants, tax lawyers, property lawyers and others who advise clients on land transactions.
Stephen Tomlinson, Principal, Tomlinson Law.
1.5 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)