LTC Issues and Opportunities 2023 - 8 June 2023 (On Demand)
This webinar considers a number of practical issues that arise with look-through companies. The eligibility criteria to become and remain a look-through company will be examined, along with the use of look-through companies for cross-border investment.
Specific issues discussed will include how payments made by a look-through company to a “working owner” are taxed, how to deal with distributions and overdrawn current accounts, the remission of debt owed by a look-through company, the tax consequences of transferring shares in a look-through company, and calculating income on conversion of an ordinary company to a look-through company.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
8 June 2023
- Learn about the criteria for a company to become a look-through company
- Understand what tax implications arise when a company ceases to be a look-through company
- Know the rules concerning working owners, shareholder salaries and fringe benefits tax
- Understand how to deal with distributions and overdrawn current accounts
- Learn how the debt remission rules apply to look-through companies
- Know when a look-through company can be used for cross border investment
- Learn when an income tax liability arises on the disposal of interests in a look-through company
- Know how income is calculated on conversion of an ordinary company to a look-through company
Junior, intermediate and senior accountants, and lawyers who advise clients on structuring issues.
Stephen Tomlinson, Principal, Tomlinson Law.
1.5 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)