An introduction to business psychology
Do you struggle to understand the way your staff and your customers behave? Why do some people seem to act in such an illogical way?
Do some of these issues sound familiar?
- Have you ever asked a staff member not to do something then five minutes later they do it!
- Why is it that some staff members can find the time to plan a weekend fishing trip but not take two minutes to complete a job sheet?
- Why are we so bad at estimating time and budgets?
- After explaining instructions to a staff member, they tell you they have understood everything, then later you discover they didn’t understand you at all and they were too embarrassed to tell you.
- Why can some staff members practice a sales pitch perfectly in the mirror then choke in front of a major client?
- Why are meetings often soul crushing and such a grind?
Over the last 120 years psychologists have started to understand why human beings do “stupid” and often baffling things in the workplace. When employers start to understand how people work, they can change their systems to get the best out of their staff.
This webinar will help you to understand why human beings behave in the way they do and what you can do to motivate them to do what you want them to do.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
16 March 2023
This webinar will help you to understand difficulties in the following areas and how to address them…
- Why do rewards often demotivate people?
- Why are senior lawyers more likely to receive a malpractice lawsuit than a junior lawyer?
- Why do people just forget crucial information?
- Why do people “choke” or fail to perform under pressure in the workplace?
- How could a NZ company lose millions of dollars and no one noticed?
- When do human beings preform really well and when do they preform really badly?
HR Professionals, Team Leaders, Supervisors, Managers, Owners, and all Employers.
Michael Hempseed, Director, Frontiers of Hope.