Good Will Drafting 2023 – The Essentials - 15 February 2023 (On Demand)
Will drafting is an intricate art often involving a number of complex issues.
This webinar will give you a comprehensive overview of the will drafting process, covering everything from instruction-taking to drafting and advising the will-maker.
During the webinar we will look at:
- The taking of instructions
- Key matters to consider when drafting a will
- Avoiding common mistakes & drafting errors
- Commonly used clauses
- Managing risk – matters to consider in relation to testamentary capacity and possible claims against an estate
- Advising and drafting wills in light of the Trusts Act 2019
Attendees will also receive a number of useful checklists to refer to going forward.
This webinar is suitable for all levels.
Although the webinar will cover some of the key legal concepts, this webinar will have a practical focus.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
15 February 2023
- You will appreciate just how important it is to take good instructions
- You will improve your will drafting skills
- You will understand how to avoid common mistakes when drafting a will
- You will understand how to advise and manage issues to do with capacity and claims against an estate
- You will understand how to advise clients and draft wills that take account of key provisions in the Trusts Act 2019
- To support your ongoing learning, you will receive a number of useful checklists to refer to going forward
Everyone – all levels.
Ala Sonti, Senior Associate, McVeagh Fleming.
1.5 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)