Relationship Property Law 2022 – Section 21 Agreements - 20 October 2022 (On Demand)
The Property (Relationships) Act 1976 is not always easy to navigate and agreements under sections 21 and 21A can be complicated. Understanding how to prepare these types of agreements in a robust manner will ensure they withstand the test of time.
This seminar will explore:
- Agreements made under ss21 and 21A;
- Giving effect to a non-compliant agreement under s21H:
- Setting aside an agreement under s21J; and
- Agreements made overseas.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
20 October 2022
- Understand how to prepare robust relationship property agreements
- Determine in what circumstances a non-compliant agreement will be given effect to and when an agreement will be set aside
- Obtain a detailed understanding of how to deal with agreements made overseas and when they will apply in New Zealand
- Assess the prospects of success in giving effect to or setting aside an agreement
All lawyers who practice in the area of relationship property.
Sharon Chandra, Barrister, Bankside Chambers.
1.25 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)