Tax Issues for Property Investors 2022 - 28 July 2022 (On Demand)
This highly practical webinar considers income tax issues relevant to property investors. Key issues addressed include the application of the 10-year bright-line test (including what constitutes a “new build”, when rollover relief may apply, and how the new main home exclusion applies), the new interest limitation rules (including the phase-out rules and when rollover relief may be available), the residential rental property loss ring-fencing rules, tainting by association and tainted capital gains.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
28 July 2022
- Understand how the 10-year bright-line test applies, including what constitutes a “new build” and when rollover relief may apply
- Learn about the new interest limitation rules, including how the phase-out rules will apply and when rollover relief may be available
- Know how to minimise the impact of the residential rental property loss ring-fencing rules
- Understand when property will be “tainted by association” and how to structure the ownership of property to minimise the effects of these rules
- Learn to identify “tainted capital gains” and what steps need to be taken so such gains can be distributed tax-free
Accountants, tax lawyers, property lawyers and others who advise clients on land transactions.
Stephen Tomlinson, Principal, Tomlinson Law.
1.5 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)