Without a Will - there is still a way 2022 - 16 June 2022 (On Demand)
A smart and practical guide to the administration of an intestate estate including a step by step guide
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- How an intestate estate arises & the types.
- Searching for and advertising for the existence of a will or other testamentary document.
- Appointing an administrator & their role and responsibilities.
- Applying for and obtaining letters of administration in the High Court.
- Next of kin –making full and proper enquires for beneficiaries.
- Advertising for Creditors.
- Dealing with potential claimants, creditors and other challenges.
- Timeframes that govern the administration process.
- Distribution in accordance with s 77 of the Administration Act 1969.
- Practical Case-study scenarios.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
16 June 2022
- You will understand how to administer an intestate estate from start to finish.
- You will understand the process behind the appointment of an administrator and their duties and responsibilities.
- You will understand the relevant High Court rules and how to draft the application for letters of administration.
- You will understand what is required in the search for beneficiaries, advertising for creditors and more.
- You will know how to deal with claims and other issues that may arise during the administration process.
- You will understand how to distribute the estate in accordance with the Administration Act 1969.
- You will work through a number of practical scenarios to reinforce learnings from this webinar.
This webinar is suitable for all Trusts and Estates practitioners.
Ala Sonti, Senior Solicitor – Team Leader, Public Trust.
1.5 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)