Charities Law Update 2022 - 16 June 2022 (On Demand)
An update on recent and upcoming developments in charities law, including:
- an update on the review of the Charities Act 2005, an overview of charities law developments in comparable jurisdictions, and a brief discussion of key findings in the recent New Zealand Law Foundation Report “What does a world-leading framework of charities law look like”;
- recent charities law decisions;
- a brief overview of the new Incorporated Societies Act 2022;
- tax update – an overview of recent tax developments relevant to charities, including a number of public rulings recently issued;
- an overview of other recent developments relevant to charities, such as in the areas of trusts and financial reporting
The webinar is intended to be suitable for those involved with charities, at whatever level, advanced or otherwise. It is intended to give both a theoretical overview as well as sufficient detail to be practical. Practitioners from both small and large firms should attend.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
16 June 2022
- An overview of important recent and upcoming developments in charities law.
- A framework for considering where to from here for New Zealand charities.
- Lawyers and accountants involved with charitable organisations in their professional and private capacities, not-for-profit specialists, and charities themselves.
- All involved or likely to be involved with charities, at whatever level, should be familiar with these developments in charities law.
Sue Barker, Director, Sue Barker Charities Law.
1.25 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)