Income Tax and Land Transactions 2022 - 19 May 2022 (On Demand)
This webinar provides a complete overview of when the sale of land is subject to income tax and will keep you up-to-date with recent tax reforms, case law and IRD policy. Topics covered include the application of the bright-line test (including the exemption from the 10-year bright-line period for “new builds”, and the new main home exclusion), the taxation of dealers, developers, builders and associated persons, the taxation of subdivision and development schemes, and the application of the various exclusions.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
19 May 2022
- Know the circumstances in which the sale of land will be subject to income tax, including under the bright-line test
- Understand when a person will be treated as a “dealer”, “developer” or “builder”, and what income tax implications arise from this
- Know when subdivisions and other land developments will be subject to income tax, including the income tax treatment of retained land
- Understand what income tax issues arise when land is transferred between associated persons
- Learn about the various exclusions that apply, including the new main home exclusion to the bright-line test
- Know what questions to ask clients to determine whether the sale of land is likely to be subject to income tax
Junior and intermediate accountants, property lawyers and others who advise clients on land transactions.
Stephen Tomlinson, Principal, Tomlinson Law.
1.5 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)