Taxation of Charities and Not-For-Profit Organisations 2022 - 24 March 2022 (On Demand)
This webinar considers the impact of recent legislative changes, case law and Inland Revenue policy on the application of the tax concessions that apply to charities and other not-for-profit bodies, and tax incentives available to persons who make donations to charities and other donee organisations.
Tax issues addressed will include the application of the income tax and FBT exemptions to charities and not-for-profit bodies, the application of the so-called mutuality principle to not-for-profit bodies, the tax treatment of reimbursement payments and honorarium payments made to volunteers, and the special GST rules that apply to not-for-profit organisations.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
24 March 2022
- Know about recent legislative changes, case law developments and Inland Revenue policy statements, and how they impact on charities and donee organisations.
- Understand when and how the income tax exemptions apply to registered charities.
- Learn about the income tax consequences of a charity being de-registered.
- Understand how not-for-profit organisations are taxed, including the application of the so-called mutuality principle.
- Learn how the FBT exemptions apply to charitable organisations, including how Inland Revenue interprets those exemptions.
- Understand the special GST rules that apply to not-for-profit bodies, including elections to remove assets from the GST base.
- Know how to treat reimbursements and honorarium payments made to volunteers correctly.
- Learn when donors are entitled to a tax deduction or a tax credit for donations made to charitable organisations, including recent case law and legislative changes.
Accountants of all levels, in-house accountants and lawyers who advise charities and other not-for-profit bodies.
Stephen Tomlinson, Principal, Tomlinson Law
1.5 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)