Taxation of Subdivisions 2021 - 9 September 2021 (On Demand)
This highly practical webinar examines when subdivision and development schemes are subject to income tax, and includes a detailed examination of Inland Revenue’s guidance on what constitutes “minor work”, “significant expenditure”, and the income tax treatment of retained land. Extensive use of case studies will illustrate the application of these issues.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
9 September 2021
- Know what constitutes a development or division scheme.
- Understand when a development or division scheme commences and how abandoned schemes are taxed.
- Learn about Inland Revenue’s interpretation statement on what constitutes “minor work” in the context of development and division schemes.
- Know how to determine if expenditure is “significant” in the context of development and division schemes.
- Understand Inland Revenue’s position in relation to the taxation of land retained after completion of a subdivision scheme.
- Learn when the various income tax exemptions to development and division schemes apply.
Accountants of all levels, tax lawyers, property lawyers and others who advise clients on subdivisions and developments.
Stephen Tomlinson, Principal, Tomlinson Law
1.5 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)