Preventing Suicide in the Workplace 2021 - 9 September 2021 (On Demand)
World Suicide Prevention Day 2021
Suicide is preventable. Some people believe that there is nothing we can do to stop someone dying from suicide, they think “If we stop them doing it one way, they will do it another way.” This is not correct at all; research suggests that if you can stop someone in the moment of crisis then there is an exceptionally high chance they will live.
Workplaces across the country are reporting rising rates of mental illness. There has never been a more urgent time for workplaces to take active and practical steps to prevent suicide.
- The webinar will cover the many reasons why people become suicidal.
- How to help someone who is suicidal and where to find help.
- Common myths and misconceptions about suicide.
- Why sleep deprivation plays a significant role in suicide.
- How the topic of suicide can be addressed safely within the workplace.
- How to support staff if there has been a death by suicide in the workplace.
- The entire talk is evidence based, best practice.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
9 September 2021
- Workplaces will gain the confidence to address the topic of suicide in a safe and supportive manner.
- They will learn simple and practical ways to create an environment where suicide is unlikely.
- Learn about factors that play a role in suicide that you probably have not heard of before.
Every single workplace in New Zealand, anyone at any level of an organization.
Michael Hempseed, Employee Solution Service and author of Being A True Hero: Understanding and Preventing Suicide in Your Community.
1.5 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)