Tax Issues for Property Investors 2021 - 29 July 2021 (On Demand)
This highly practical webinar considers income tax issues relevant to property investors. Key issues addressed include the application of the new 10-year bright-line test (including what constitutes a “new build”, when rollover relief may apply, and how the new main home exclusion applies), the proposed changes to the interest deductibility rules for residential property (including the phase-out rules and when rollover relief may apply), the residential rental property loss ring-fencing rules, tainting by association and tainted capital gains (including how to deal with tainting issues).
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
29 July 2021
- Understand how the new 10-year bright-line test applies, including what constitutes a “new build” and when rollover relief may apply
- Learn about the proposed changes to the interest deductibility rules for residential property, including how the phase-out rules will apply and when rollover relief may apply
- Know how to minimise the impact of the residential rental property loss ring-fencing rules
- Understand when property will be “tainted by association” and how to structure the ownership of property to minimise the effects of these rules
- Learn to identify “tainted capital gains” and what steps need to be taken so such gains can be distributed tax-free
Accountants, tax lawyers, property lawyers and others who advise clients on land transactions.
Stephen Tomlinson, Principal, Tomlinson Law
1.5 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)