Annual Meetings for SMEs 2021 - 1 July 2021 (On Demand)
Compliance and Modernisation
The Companies Act 1993 and Incorporated Societies Act 1908 require the board call an annual meeting (AM).
This webinar discusses:
- The two documents that regulate annual meetings
- For companies Opt In and Opt Out presumptions
- Conducting the business of the annual meeting
- Example resolutions (i.e., in lieu of an annual meeting)
- Holding online annual meetings to improve engagement and reduce costs
Note: Legal concepts and obligations and some cases will be discussed, however this is not a heavily legalistic session.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
1 July 2021
Attendees will gain an understanding of:
- The purposes of the annual meeting
- Companies Act 1993 requirements and options
- Checklist for documents required for the AM
- Holding online annual meetings
- Increasing engagement via digital
Company directors and society officers, company secretaries and advisors (accountants, lawyers) to SME boards.
Dr Karen Martyn, Governance Advisor, Governance & Secretariat Ltd.
1 CPD Hour
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)