GST – Common Mistakes and How to Avoid Them 2021 - 17 June 2021 (On Demand)
This webinar will help you to identify “red flags” in transactions and situations where GST mistakes commonly arise, so you can assist your clients to apply the GST rules correctly, and achieve the GST outcomes they expect. Extensive use of case studies will highlight a number of areas where mistakes are commonly made when dealing with GST.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
17 June 2021
- Learn to identify “red flags” in transactions and situations in which GST mistakes commonly arise.
- Understand the GST issues arising from property transactions which commonly give rise to mistakes, including the zero-rating provisions in the ADLS sale and purchase agreement, second-hand goods credit claims, GST adjustments, and selling land which includes a dwelling such as a farmhouse.
- Know the GST issues that can arise from Airbnb property ownership structures and how careful structuring can minimise any GST costs.
- Learn how to optimise the GST position when structuring subdivisions and how to avoid pitfalls.
- Understand the specific rules which apply to transactions between associated persons, and how they apply.
Accountants of all levels, tax lawyers, property lawyers and others who advise clients on GST issues.
Susan Ballantyne, Senior Associate, Tomlinson Law.
1.5 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)