Charities Law Update 2021 - 16 June 2021 (On Demand)
An update on recent and upcoming developments in charities law, including:
- an update on the review of the Charities Act 2005, including an update on timing and progress, the 5 issues that have been selected for fast-tracing, and an overview of similar reviews occurring in other jurisdictions;
- an update on recent charities law decisions, including the 2020 Greenpeace and Family First decisions, the Attorney-General’s appeal to the Supreme Court, and the Better Public Media Trust’s appeal to the Court of Appeal
- update on incorporated societies’ reform;
- update on the Trusts Act 2019 as it applies to charities;
- tax update – an overview of recent developments relevant to charities in tax legislation, case law, and IRD statements;
- financial reporting update, including post-implementation review of the Tier 3 and 4 financial reporting standards; outcome of the XRB targeted review on the Accounting Standards framework.
The webinar is intended to be suitable for those involved with charities, at whatever level, advanced or otherwise. It is intended to give both a theoretical overview as well as sufficient detail to be practical. Practitioners from both small and large firms should attend.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
16 June 2021
- An overview of important recent and upcoming developments in charities law.
- A framework for considering where to from here for New Zealand charities.
Lawyers and accountants involved with charitable organisations in their professional and private capacities, not-for-profit specialists, and charities themselves.
All involved or likely to be involved with charities, at whatever level, should be familiar with these developments in charities law.
Sue Barker, Director, Sue Barker Charities Law
1.25 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)