Will Validation under s 14 2021 - 18 May 2021 (On Demand)
Navigating your way through section 14 of the Wills Act 2007
A practical webinar designed to give participants a solid understanding of the mechanics of section 14 of the Act, together with an overview of the application process, extensive coverage of case law developments and key trends since the Act was passed.
This webinar is suitable for all Trusts and Estates practitioners and will cover the following:
- Navigating your way through s.14 of the Wills Act 2007, including addressing the evidentiary requirements;
- Dealing with issues affecting testamentary capacity;
- Case-law developments to date with a focus on common trends in both validation and non-validation cases;
- The application process - procedure and documentation;
- Feedback from the judiciary on issues seen with s.14 applications;
- Best practice;
- Developments overseas & possible future changes in NZ;
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
18 May 2021
- You will understand the mechanics of s.14 of the Act, including the evidentiary requirements.
- You will know when and how to make an application under s.14 of the Act, including the documentation to file.
- You will gain an insight into case-law developments with both validation and non-validation of wills and at trends including judicial interpretation of key words in the section.
- You will gain an understanding of some of the common issues that the judiciary see with s.14 applications.
- You will gain an appreciation of best practice in this area and a glance into how similar legislation is developing in overseas jurisdictions.
This webinar is suitable for all Trusts and Estates practitioners.
Ala Sonti, Senior Solicitor – Team Leader, Public Trust
1.5 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)