Death of a Company 2020 - 19 November 2020 (On Demand)
How to manage the process
This webinar will consider the tax issues and common pitfalls that advisors need to be aware of when advising on the wind up of a company that has ceased trading.
This webinar will consider:
- The pros and cons of allowing a company to be struck off, requesting removal (short-form liquidation), appointing a liquidator (long-form liquidations) and amalgamation.
- How a company’s tax status as a standard company, qualifying company or look-through company impacts the wind-up process
- How to access surplus funds in the company in a tax efficient manner and the importance of doing things in the right order
- Options for dealing with an insolvent company that has ceased trading and owes money to its shareholders
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
19 November 2020
Upon completion of this webinar you will be able to:
- Identify tax issues that arise when winding up a company
- Advise clients on strategies for winding up companies
- Adopt strategies for dealing with the wind up of insolvent companies owing funds to their shareholders.
Accountants with clients operating through companies and in particular those providing advice on company business sales, accessing the sale proceeds, and winding up companies.
Stephen Richards, National Technical Director – Tax Advisory, Findex (presenting on behalf of TEO)
1.25 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)