Income Tax and GST Issues for Lawyers and Conveyancers 2020 - 10 September 2020 (On Demand)
Topical tax issues for lawyers, conveyancers and their clients
An overview of tax issues encountered by lawyers including tax issues impacting client transactions:
- Sale and purchase of business and assets – new tax rules requiring allocation of purchase price.
- Tax updates affecting land – habitual buyers and sellers, ring fencing of rental losses, depreciation of buildings, Airbnb and GST – what to tell your clients.
- Tax changes relating to trusts.
- Taxation of settlement payments – IRD’s view.
- Residence supplied as part of wider supply of land – IS 20/05.
- Zero-rating of invoices to non-resident clients.
- CZR – amendments in the Omnibus Tax Bill.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
10 September 2020
A broad overview of selected income tax and GST issues that lawyers would often come across.
Lawyers who deal with land transactions, billing clients and trusts.
Maurits van den Berg, Senior Manager, Taxation Services, Baker Tilly Staples Rodway
1.25 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)