Recent GST developments - 2020 - 2 September (On Demand)
This webinar covers developments in GST from 1 January 2020 to 1 August 2020. It will aim to update you on recent IRD pronouncements and case law and will consider the following recent developments:
- IS 20/05 – GST supplies of residences and other real property. The conclusions in this ruling could have far reaching implications for transfers of farm property. If you thought the farmhouse was outside the GST net, then this IS might convince you otherwise.
- GST and Covid-19.
- Important issues raised by the IRD discussion document “GST policy issues — an officials’ issues paper”.
- New Zealand Police v Pure  NZHC 330.
- Y&P NZ Ltd v Wang  NZSC 21.
- Other recent developments if there is time.
Get up to date with recent GST developments, including IRD statements and recent court cases.
DATE OF ORIGINAL PRESENTATION
2 September 2020
Accountants of all stages, and lawyers who advise on property transactions.
Sybrand van Schalkwyk, Director, Baker Tilly Staples Rodway Tauranga Limited
Michelle Sinclair, Senior Tax Manager, Baker Tilly Staples Rodway Tauranga Limited
1.5 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)