Validating a Will under section 14 of the Wills Act 2007 - 27 October 2020(On Demand)
A decade on.
- Navigating your way through section 14 of the Wills Act 2007, including evidentiary requirements;
- Case law developments to date with a focus on the common trends with both validation and non-validation cases;
- The application process for both contested and uncontested applications;
- Capacity issues as they relate to the validation of a will;
- Developments overseas & possible future changes in NZ;
- Practical case-study – issues to consider and suggested answers.
This webinar is suitable for all Trusts and Estates practitioners.
A practical webinar designed to give participants a solid understanding of the mechanics of section 14 of the Act, together with an overview of the application process, extensive coverage of case law developments and key trends since the Act was passed.
DATE OF ORIGINAL BROADCAST
27 October 2020
- You will understand the mechanics of section 14 of the Act, including how the judiciary have interpreted key words in the section.
- You will know when and how to make an application under section 14 of the Act (both contested and uncontested).
- You will gain an insight into case-law developments with both validation and non-validation of Wills since the Act was passed.
- You will work through a case study & be able to identify the issues to consider when seeking to validate a will under the Act.
This webinar is suitable for all Trusts and Estates practitioners
Ala Sonti, Senior Solicitor/Team Leader, Public Trust
1.25 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)