Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
Recent changes to the Disputes Tribunal Act doubling the maximum claim value to $30,000 have opened up opportunities for lawyers to assist clients to prepare and defend claims before the Disputes Tribunal. Under the previous monetary limits, the cost of engaging a lawyer to assist with the claim was often not justified in the context of the amount which could be awarded to a successful claimant.
Accordingly, there has been little no guidance as to how lawyers can add value to the preparation of a case before the Disputes Tribunal.
This webinar will provide practical information as to the key benefits lawyers can bring to a client case and will cover the following content:
• tips as to what assists a Disputes Tribunal referee to understand your client case
• the relevance of evidence and how to present it
• types of cases which can be brought before the Disputes Tribunal
• updated information on fees and procedure
• the basis for re-hearings and appeals