Bright-Line Test and RLWT 2020 - 11 June 2020 (On Demand)
A number of issues have arisen under the bright-line test and the RLWT rules, including the effect of nominations, re-nominations, assignments and novations, calculation of the bright-line period in unusual situations, the application of the main home exclusion to trusts, using relationship property agreements to mitigate the tax implications arising under the bright-line test and determining whether a landowner is an offshore person. This webinar considers these and other issues arising under the bright-line test and the RLWT rules.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
11 June 2020
- Learn about when the bright-line test will apply, including determining the date of acquisition of property and the calculation of the bright-line period
- Understand the effect of nominations, re-nominations, assignments and novations on the application of the bright-line test
- Know how the main home exclusion applies to trusts, along with proposed changes to the main home exclusion
- Learn about when the other exclusions to the bright-line test will apply, including the exclusion for transfers pursuant to a relationship property agreement
- Understand when the RLWT forms need to be completed
- Learn when RLWT will apply and how to calculate the amount of RLWT
- Know when a trust will be treated as an offshore RLWT person
Junior and intermediate accountants, property lawyers and conveyancers, and others who advise clients on land transactions.
Stephen Tomlinson, Principal, Tomlinson Law
1.5 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)