Taxation of Subdivisions and Developments 2019 - 26 September 2019 (On Demand)
This highly practical webinar examines when subdivisions are subject to income tax and the key tax issues arising for dealers, developers and builders (and associated persons). Extensive use of case studies will illustrate the application of these principles.
- Know what constitutes a development or division scheme.
- Understand when a development or division scheme commences.
- Learn what constitutes “minor work” and “significant expenditure”.
- Understand the IRD’s current position in relation to the taxation of land retained after completion of a subdivision scheme.
- Know when a person will be treated as a “dealer”, “developer” or “builder”.
- Understand when a land-related business starts and ends.
- Learn when the various income tax exemptions apply.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
26 September 2019
Intermediate and senior accountants, tax lawyers, property lawyers and others who advise clients on subdivisions and developments.
Stephen Tomlinson, Principal, Tomlinson Law
1.5 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)