Tax Treatment of the Home Office 2019 - 3 September 2019 (On Demand)
The existence of a home office is very popular in New Zealand. If structured correctly, a legitimate tax savings can be established.
A number of tax issues and opportunities exist. These include:
- Tax free payments to employees
- The ability to claim a deduction
- What costs qualify?
- How the Tax Act quantifies the tax-free payment/deduction
- The new square metre rate for 2019
- Does a home office eliminate the need to pay FBT on a car driven home for work purposes?
- GST treatment
- International tax – does an office create a permanent establishment /branch in New Zealand?
- Does a home office impact the tax treatment of the sale of the home (for example, Brightline)?
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
3 September 2019
A comprehensive overview of the tax rules surrounding the use of a home office
Employers, Accountants and those who use a home office
Andrew Dickeson, Director - Tax, Baker Tilly Staples Rodway Auckland Limited
1.25 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)