Tax Issues for Landlords and Tenants 2019 - 25 July 2019 (On Demand)
This highly practical webinar examines tax issues facing landlords and tenants. Key issues addressed include the deductibility of expenses (including legal fees, interest and other borrowing costs, and repairs and maintenance), maximising depreciation claims, the tax treatment of “free fit-outs” and the tax treatment of lease inducements and lease surrender payments. Case studies will illustrate the application of these issues.
- Know when legal fees and other acquisition costs will be deductible.
- Learn when interest costs will be deductible.
- Understand what amounts to “repairs and maintenance”.
- Know when expenses can still be deducted when a property is not rented.
- Understand the timing issues that arise with rental income.
- Understand the tax treatment of “free fit-outs”.
- Learn when a depreciation loss can be claimed for “fit-out”.
- Understand how lease inducement and surrender payments are taxed.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
25 July 2019
Intermediate and senior accountants, tax lawyers, property lawyers and others who advise clients on land transactions.
Stephen Tomlinson, Principal, Tomlinson Law
1.5 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)