GST and Property Transactions 2019 – The Practical Stuff - 4 July 2019 (On Demand)
This webinar considers practical issues that arise with GST and property transactions, including issues arising when claiming back GST on the purchase of property (along with practical tips on claiming second-hand goods credits) and practical issues arising with the compulsory zero-rating rules (including GST issues arising with nominations and nominees).
- Know what amounts to a “taxable activity” for GST purposes and when a “taxable activity” commences.
- Understand when GST can be claimed back on lifestyle blocks and other land holdings not used for business purposes.
- Learn helpful tips on claiming second-hand goods credits and how to deal with Inland Revenue when problems arise.
- Know about “price uncertainty” when buying or selling land and how to deal with it.
- Learn how to deal with surprises relating to the vendor’s or purchaser’s GST status.
- Understand the GST issues arising with nominations and nominees.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
4 July 2019
Accountants, tax lawyers, commercial lawyers, property lawyers and others who advise clients on property transactions.
Stephen Tomlinson, Principal, Tomlinson Law
1.5 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)