Income Tax and GST Issues for Lawyers and Conveyancers 2019 - 21 May 2019 (On Demand)
An overview of topical tax issues that lawyers and conveyancers come across in practice.
The webinar is aimed at an intermediate level and will provide practical advice to a series of common issues. Topics include:
- GST on land transactions (esp. zero rating)
- Tax deductibility of legal costs (including recent IRD commentary on legal fees and rental properties)
- Zero-rating of invoices to non-resident clients (including legislative changes)
- The bright-line test
- Ring fencing of rental losses (new legislation!).
- The Tax Working Group and CGT: what you should be telling your clients.
A broad overview of selected income tax and GST issues that lawyers would often come across.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
21 May 2019
Lawyers who deal with land transactions, billing clients and trusts.
Andrew Dickeson, Tax Director, Baker Tilly Staples Rodway Auckland Limited
1.25 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)