Company Annual Meetings for SMEs 2019 - 14 March 2019 (On Demand)
Compliance and Modernisation.
The Companies Act 1993 requires the board to call an annual meeting (AM) (s120).
This webinar discusses:
- the two documents that regulate annual meetings
- Opt In and Opt Out presumptions
- Conducting the business of the annual meeting
- resolution in lieu of AM
- recommendations to modernize the AM.
Note: Legal concepts and obligations and some cases will be discussed, however this is not a heavily legalistic session.
Attendees will gain an understanding of:
- The purposes of the annual meeting
- Companies Act 1993 requirements and options
- Checklist for documents required for the AM
- Modern methods of meeting the purposes of the annual meeting
Company directors, company secretaries and advisors (accountants, lawyers) to SME boards
Dr Karen Martyn, Governance Advisor, Governance & Secretariat Ltd
1 CPD Hour
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)