Tax treatment of a home office - 27 November 2018 (On Demand)
The existence of a home office is very popular in New Zealand. If structured correctly, a legitimate tax savings can be established.
A number of tax issues and opportunities exist. These include:
- Tax free payments to employees
- The ability to claim a deduction
- What costs qualify?
- How the Tax Act quantifies the tax-free payment/deduction
- Does the existence of a home office eliminate the need to pay FBT on a car driven home for work purposes?
- GST treatment
- International tax – does an office create a permanent establishment/branch in New Zealand?
A comprehensive overview of the tax rules surrounding the use of a home office
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
27 November 2018
Employers, Accountants and those who use a home office
Andrew Dickeson, Director - Tax, Staples Rodway Limited
1.25 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)