Associated Persons & Land Transactions 2018 - 13 September 2018 (On Demand)
This highly practical webinar examines the application of the associated persons rules to land transactions, considers how transactions can be structured so no tainting arises, and reviews recent legislative changes to how the “control” tests apply.
- Learn what it means to be taxed by “dint of association”.
- Know what associated persons tests apply to land transactions.
- Learn how the associated persons tests apply to trust structures.
- Understand the difficulties in applying the “control” test to company structures.
- Know when the “old” associated person tests still apply and when the “current” associated persons tests can apply to existing property.
- Understand the limits to the associated persons tests and when it may be possible to structure transactions so that no tainting arises.
- Learn about recent legislative changes to the associated persons tests.
Intermediate and senior accountants, tax lawyers, property lawyers and others who advise clients on land transactions.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
13 September 2018
Stephen Tomlinson, Partner, Tomlinson Law
1.5 CPD hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)