Avoiding Estate Claims Upon Death - 5 September 2018 (On Demand)
This webinar will look at practical measures to implement in order to minimize the possibility of estate claims upon death.
In particular, the following areas will be discussed:
- The advantages and pitfalls of using trusts to avoid estate claims;
- The use of contracting out agreements to protect estates;
- Avoiding the freezing of assets upon death; and
- Ensuring family protection, undue influence and lack of testamentary capacity claims are not made upon death.
By the end of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Determine how to structure an estate in a way that minimizes the possibility of an estate claim;
- Learn how to use trusts and contracting out agreements to avoid estate claims;
- Identify practical measures to ensure assets are not frozen upon death; and
- Gain a better understanding of how to prevent the various types of claims that can be made upon death.
Legal profession; A general working knowledge of the law relating to estate disputes will be presumed; Intermediate to senior lawyers.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
5 September 2018
Sharon Chandra, Senior Associate, Turner Hopkins
1.25 CPD hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)