AML - CFT Phase 2 – An Introduction for Accountants 2018 - 21 August 2018 (On Demand)
This webinar introduces Phase 2 of the AML/ CFT Act to all accountants and is pitched at those who have an existing awareness of the legislation and may have also taken the time to read the guidance.
If you have been to one of the Department of Internal Affairs road shows, the contents of the webinar may seem familiar to you.
In this session we will answer the following questions:
- What is the AML/CFT Act?
- What is money laundering and the financing of terrorism?
- What does Phase 2 mean for you and your business?
- What you can expect from DIA?
- What we expect of you?
The DIA are committed to helping prepare accountants for Phase 2 and we welcome attendees to send in their questions before the webinar so that we can gage and prepare for them wherever possible.
By the end of this session you should know about:
- The guidance material and the need to understand it
- Sector vulnerabilities to Money Laundering/ Terrorist Financing risk
- How to work out whether your firm is captured
- What your firm needs to do
- Suspicious activity reports and prescribed transaction reports
- Dealing with customer due diligence issues
- DIA’s role and how it monitors compliance
- How to get information and support
DATE OF ORIGINAL BROADCAST
21 August 2018
Cindia Chiu, Senior Advisor, Department Internal Affairs
1 CPD Hour
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)