Practical Tax Issues for Lawyers and Conveyancers 2018 -21 June 2018 (On Demand)
A broad overview of everyday tax issues that lawyers and conveyancers come across in everyday practice.
The webinar is aimed at an intermediate level and will provide practical advice to a series of every day issues faced by many practioners. Topics include:
- GST on land transactions (esp. zero rating)
- Tax deductibility of legal costs (including recent IRD commentary on legal fees and rental properties)
- The correct GST treatment of client disbursements
- Zero-rating of invoices to non-resident clients (including legislative changes)
- How to deal with out of court settlements
- Changes to the bright-line test and ring fencing of rental losses.
A broad overview of selected income tax and GST issues that lawyers would often come across.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
21 June 2018
Lawyers (and even accountants) who deal with land transactions, billing clients and trusts.
Andrew Dickeson, Tax Director, Staples Rodway Limited
1.25 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)