Commercial rent reviews: tips and traps - 22 March 2018 (On Demand)
The webinar will address key issues for lessors and lessees in commencing a rent review and running an arbitration, including:
- issuing (and challenging) the trigger notice – a review of the cases on the validity of trigger notices and practical tips to avoid these problems;
- effectively contesting the rental assessment
- Arbitration procedure: considerations for choosing the panel; discovery in rent reviews; instructing and getting the best out of expert witnesses.
- Appealing arbitrations.
The webinar is a practical overview of key issues and will be a helpful introduction to the topic for some or a useful review and update for others, and will be relevant to practitioners in large and small firms.
Attendees will receive:
- an overview of some key issues that can prevent the valid initiation of a rent review and how those can be avoided;
- an overview of arbitration procedure and tips on managing the arbitration process through appointment of the panel, discovery, briefing witnesses, and appeals.
It should be relevant to lawyers in private practice, in-house counsel who manage commercial tenancies, valuers and property managers
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
22 March 2018
Marika Eastwick-Field, Partner, Russell McVeagh
Mark Campbell, Special Counsel, Russell McVeagh
1.25 CPD hour
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)