With many NZ businesses having Australian operations it is important that the relevant Australian Fringe Benefit Tax returns are completed correctly.
The 2018 Australian FBT Update Essentials webinar is designed for people in New Zealand who have responsibility for Australian FBT management and will provide them with the springboard to launch their 2018 FBT return work.
Attendees will be given an understanding of the key areas when preparing or reviewing the 2018 Australian FBT return.
A comprehensive update on the Australian FBT changes for 2018 including:
• Changes to the FBT rate, gross up rates and capping thresholds
• The new rules in relation to employee travel expenses
• Introduction of new safe harbour rules for claiming exemption on tool of trade and work-related vehicles
• New safe harbour rules and capping for minor benefits
• The latest on FBT and car parking
• The FBT treatment for taxi expenses and Uber
• Discussion of new Australian Tax Office audit strategies and compliance activities.
Particular benefit focus areas will include Entertainment, Employee Expenses, Cars, Car Parking, Relocation and other common benefits.
The webinar will highlight the common mistakes, both technical and process, and dispel the many myths.
This webinar is suited to those in practice or internal roles, from beginners to advanced.
Attendees will be given an understanding of the key areas when preparing or reviewing the 2018 Australian FBT return and requirements for individual employee Payment Summary reporting. Paul will highlight the common errors and dispel the many myths.
Learning outcomes will include an understanding of:
• Client war stories including the financial impact and impact on employees
27 February 2018
This webinar is designed for people in New Zealand who have responsibility for Australian FBT management including those with responsibility for preparing or reviewing the 2018 Australian FBT return, Payment Summary reporting, whether experienced, new to FBT or requiring a refresher, including:
Paul Mather, Director, FBT Solutions
1.5 CPD Hour