1.5 CPD Hours
On Demand EventComplete online in your own time (Self-paced)
- $200.00 excl. GST
Prevention, Detection and Taking Disciplinary Action.
Employee Theft can lead a business into financial ruin. The US Chamber of Commerce estimates that one third of bankruptcies are the result of employee theft. Make sure your business doesn’t lose everything to employee theft!
Employee theft is a major problem in New Zealand, and one of the most serious threats a business will face. The overwhelming majority of managers do not know what to look for to prevent the problem, or what to do if it does occur.
Taking disciplinary action can feel like a daunting task - especially given the significant number of cases where employers have been stung for failing to follow proper process. Join us for this practical webinar to discover the clear warning signs before theft occurs, and the legal process for investigating serious misconduct.
This webinar will empower you and your staff to act quickly and effectively if the problem does arise.
- How to detect the early warning signs before theft occurs
- How to reduce the risk of employee theft by up to 95%
- The psychological reasons why employees steal
- How to detect theft in the workplace
- How to address excessive Trade Me & Facebook time.
- How to conduct an investigation and disciplinary process fully and fairly
- When you can suspend and dismiss an employee
- How to avoid common procedural errors and pitfalls in investigating and disciplining employees
DATE OF ORIGINAL BROADCAST
22 March 2017
Business Owners, CEOs, Managers, Human Resource Professionals, Team Leaders, anyone who employs or manages staff across every profession and industry, including government, education, law, accounting, construction, government, and hospitality.
Michael Hempseed, Managing Director Employee Solution Service
Julia Shallcrass, Lawyer & Legal educator