1.25 CPD Hours
On Demand EventComplete online in your own time (Self-paced)
- $180.00 excl. GST
Recruiting staff can involve a minefield of legal issues, in this easy-to-follow webinar, find out how to get the process right when hiring new staff. Avoid discrimination claims, and ensure compliance with human rights, employment and privacy law. Discover practical tips for application forms and best practice when offering employment.
Join us for this practical webinar to ensure that you get the legal process right when recruiting, selecting and hiring new staff.
- Avoid discrimination in advertisements and interviews
- How to meet privacy obligations
- References and background checks – the lowdown on the law
- Tips for offering employment
- Identify legal issues in recruitment and selection
- How to avoid discriminatory questions
- Best practice in conducting background checks, including criminal convictions and drug tests
- Update your job application forms to comply with privacy law
- Case studies on recruitment and offering employment
DATE OF ORIGINAL BROADCAST
28 February 2017
Employers, managers, administrators, business owners and operators, and HR consultants who want to comply with current legal obligations in recruitment.
Julia Shallcrass, Lawyer & Legal educator of KiwiBoss Limited