Trust Series 2017 - Important Trust Cases (On Demand)
This webinar, which includes case notes and a case book will consider the important trust cases of 2017.
This webinar, which will include the opportunity to ask questions, will also provide practical guidance on what these cases mean.
Cases covered will include:
- Erceg v Erceg (Supreme Court); Addleman v Lambie Trustee Limited; In the Matter of the C Settlement – disclosure to beneficiaries
- Butterfield v Public Trust – indemnification of trustees who were no longer validly appointed
- Chang v Lee; Zhang v Li / Warin v Warin – loan / gift / resulting trust considerations
- Mackie Law Independent Trustee v Chaplow; Chambers v SR Hamilton Corporate Trustee Limited – extent to which trustees musts follow memorandum of wishes
- Goldie v Campbell – guidance on the application of Clayton
- Broadbent v MSD– Notional income assessed on gifted amounts
- Commissioner of Inland Revenue v Robertson – director’s liability for GST refund following change of trustee
- Davis v White – trust fails due to uncertainty regarding beneficiaries
- McLaren v McLaren – appointor’s fiduciary obligations in relation to removal of beneficiaries
- Godfrey v McCormick / Re Marshall Family Trust – High Court position regarding use of enduring powers of attorney to exercise powers of appointment
Attendees will learn about current trust law developments for trusts and the practical implications of these developments.
DATE OF ORIGINAL BROADCAST
18 October 2017
This webinar is suitable for trust practitioners of all levels who want to remain current.
Vicki Ammundsen, Director, Vicki Ammundsen Trust Law,
1.25 CPD Hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)