Tax Issues for Landlords and Tenants 2017 (On Demand)
This highly practical webinar examines tax issues facing landlords and tenants. Key issues addressed include maximising depreciation claims and other deductions for investors, the tax treatment of “free fit-outs” and the tax treatment of lease inducements and lease surrender payments. Case studies will illustrate the application of these issues.
- Know when legal fees and other acquisition costs will be deductible.
- Learn when interest costs will be deductible.
- Understand what amounts to “repairs and maintenance”.
- Know when expenses can still be deducted when a property is not rented.
- Understand the timing issues that arise with rental income.
- Understand the tax treatment of “free fit-outs”.
- Learn when a depreciation loss can be claimed for “fit-out”.
- Understand how lease inducement and surrender payments are taxed.
Intermediate and senior accountants, tax lawyers, property lawyers and others who advise clients on land transactions.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
31 August 2017
Stephen Tomlinson, Partner, Tomlinson Law
1.25 CPD hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)