1.25 CPD hours
On Demand EventComplete online in your own time (Self-paced)
- $180.00 excl. GST
Investigating misconduct is a common issue affecting employers. Discover how to investigate misconduct and staff complaints, so you can address inappropriate behaviour and take disciplinary action.
This webinar provides an essential overview of investigation, plus practical tips for HR and managers who deal with misconduct. We will answer questions about how to investigate misconduct before it becomes a bigger issue – and consider the evidence you can request.
In this webinar:
- Find out how to investigate misconduct within your organisation and comply with the law
- Discover how to manage difficult investigations, such as workplace bullying and health and safety issues
- Discover how to detect lying and other problematic behaviours.
- Case law updates and guidance will help you reduce the risk of remedies for personal grievances and reinstatement
Attendees will have the confidence to:
- Identify employment law obligations relating to investigating misconduct
- Comply with disciplinary procedure set out in current case law
- Interview witnesses using our 3 key tips
- Engage a third party to investigate misconduct
- Meet good faith requirements including consultation
- Investigate misconduct in criminal matters
- Follow your own processes
- Rely on evidence while considering any privacy issues
- Manage confidentiality and privacy
This webinar is aimed at providing all Business owners, CEOs, Managers, Team Leaders and Human Resources professionals with practical guidance on managing staff. It relates to anyone who employs or manages staff across every profession and industry, including government, education, law, accounting, construction, government, and hospitality.
It will also be useful for business professionals, such as lawyers and accountants, who want to keep their clients informed on best practice.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
10 May 2017
Michael Hempseed, Managing Director, Employee Solution Service Ltd
Julia Shallcrass, Employment Lawyer and Educator, Kiwiboss Limited