Understanding Financial Statements 2017 (Part 1) (On Demand)
Taking you through key financial reports and common accounting terms used.
This webinar is designed for those who have had limited or no experience with financial statements and trying to interpret financial information.
It is a practical session that will take you through an example set of financial statements explaining the key components of each and demonstrating how the various reports link. It will also explain what areas to look at when evaluating profitability, efficiency, and financial stability and go over common accounting terms and phrases not always understood by non-accountants.
Topics covered are:
- Examples of what is recorded as an asset, liability, equity, revenue and expenses
- Individual reports within a set of financial statements and what each report is telling you
- Common terminology used in financial statements
- An overview of common ratios and percentages that can be applied to various parts of the financial statements to provide insight into financial performance and trends.
Develop a good working knowledge on how to interpret financial statements.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
2 May 2017
This webinar would suit:
- People with very little knowledge on understanding and interpreting financial information
- Owners of businesses who want to better understand their financial accounts and how to use them to evaluate business performance
- Those who use financial statements to assess eligibility for credit, finance applications, grant eligibility and the like.
Jo-Anne Randall, Associate Director, Staples Rodway
1.5 CPD hours
On Demand Event
Complete online in your own time (Self-paced)