1.25 CPD hours
On Demand EventComplete online in your own time (Self-paced)
- $180.00 excl. GST
Difficult situations can arise where employees are unable to work due to illness or injury. If your staff are absent for long periods, this can cause disruption in the workplace.
Managing sick leave entitlements and dealing with extended sick leave are common issues affecting all employers. In this webinar, explore an employer’s legal obligations to be reasonable and act in good faith.
We will answer questions to help you deal with extended sick leave, including:
- What are an employer’s obligations around long-term illness and injury?
- How can you support staff returning to work?
- When can you terminate employment for medical incapacity?
- Consider an employee’s sick leave entitlements
- Obtaining medical information
- Dealing with suspected “sickies” and absenteeism
- Supporting staff on return to work
- Employer’s obligations to be reasonable and discrimination issues
- How to deal with medical incapacity
- Practical tips on employment agreements and policies
- Case law and case scenarios
This course is aimed at providing all business owners, managers, employers, Human Resources and administrators seeking practical guidance on managing staff.
It is also useful for business professionals, such as lawyers and accountants, who want to keep their clients informed on best practice.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
4 April 2017
Julia Shallcrass, Director, KiwiBoss Limited